Fun With Strikethroughs: Wall Street Maxim Edition
- The time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets always, provided you are still saving
- Sell in May and go away if you need some liquidity or when periodically rebalancing your portfolio
- Don’t let the tax tail your brain wag the investment dog your money (and vice versa)
- Don’t fight spend too much time worrying about the Fed any central bank
- As goes January, so goes the year nothing
- There’s no Diversification is the only free lunch in investing
- Bulls make money are right more often than they’re wrong, bears make money are wrong more often than they’re right, and pigs get slaughtered get interviewed on CNBC
- There’s always a bull market uncertainty somewhere everywhere – get used to it
- Time The Trend is Your Friend
- Buy the rumor what’s cheap and unloved, sell the news what’s expensive and dear
- Invest in what you know broadly and understand the limitations of what you “know”
- This time Every time is different (but you won’t know how different until after the fact)
Get on the List!
Sign up to receive the latest insights from Phil Huber directly to your inbox.