I recently joined my friend Michael Sidgmore as a guest on his podcast, Alt Goes Mainstream. In addition to hosting the podcast, Michael operates The AGM Collective, a platform to accelerate the democratization of private markets investing and help alts "go mainstream" through content creation, capital solutions, community, and connections. He is also Co-Founder and Partner at Broadhaven Ventures, an early-stage FinTech VC firm.
Few people, if any, are as in tune with and laser focused on the intersection of technology, alternative investments, and wealth management as Michael. Clearly, he and I are philosophically aligned in many ways and I think that is apparent throughout our conversation.
I hope you enjoy this episode, where we discuss:
- Whether the 60/40 portfolio is dead or not.
- Frameworks for incorporating alternatives in portfolio construction.
- My periodic table of investment assets.
- Humility in macro forecasting and probabilistic thinking.
- Actionable insights for advisors on how to approach private markets.
- The spectrum of illiquidity and the emergence of semi-liquid fund structures.
- Recommendations for GPs and alternative asset managers on how to create relationships with the private wealth channel.
- The myth of the all-weather asset class or the perfect portfolio.
Get on the List!
Sign up to receive the latest insights from Phil Huber directly to your inbox.