Two Phils, One Pod
Posting has been light lately, and for good reason – my wife and I recently welcomed our first child into the world and I have taken some time off. These first couple of weeks have been so precious and I’ve been trying to savor every moment with my baby girl while adjusting to life as a dad. Keep an eye out for my newborn parenting blog, Bibs and Pieces, in the coming weeks! (Kidding, but please note there will be a noticeable uptick in Dad Jokes in future posts. You’ve been warned.)
Regular blogging will resume after I return to my normal routine, but in the meantime I wanted to share a podcast that I recorded a few weeks ago with Phil Bak, the Founder and CEO of Exponential ETFs. Phil was kind enough to come by the office and interview me for his podcast, The ETF Experience, when he was visiting Chicago in July.
I had a lot of fun chatting with Phil and we covered a lot of ground, including:
- Providing client transparency through the blog and social media
- Mixing active & passive strategies
- Having conviction in factors during cap-weighted indexing’s big run
- How the bps and pieces blog got started
- Why simplicity is a misunderstood concept
- My investing cheat sheet
- Working with family
- My (brief) career as a mutual fund wholesaler and the transition in distribution in the fund industry
- Why I love pro wrestling
Please give the episode a listen when you have the time! You can download it here or on your favorite podcast app:
Get on the List!
Sign up to receive the latest insights from Phil Huber directly to your inbox.